In all honesty I am not a summer person. I would much rather be bundled up braving the cold than trudging through 90 degree plus thick nyc heat/humidity. Even though I may not be the biggest summer fan there are a few things the season brings that I do enjoy. One of which, Frosé! At the first sight of above 80 degree weather this summer drink starts popping up in every restaurant, rooftop, and front stoop in the city. Turns out Frosé is super easy to make and have on hand for the spontaneous get together or more likely, heatwave.
– Ingredients –
– 1 Bottle of Rosé
– 2 Cups Strawberries rinsed and halved
– 2 Tablespoons Simple Syrup
– 2 Shots of Vodka (for an extra kick :))
– Pour ¾ of the rosé bottle into ice cube trays and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. The alcohol will prevent it from fully freezing, but get it there as much as possible
– When you are ready to drink, blend together rosé cubes, remaining ¼ bottle of rose, strawberries, simple syrup, and vodka
– Transfer into pitcher and enjoy right away or freeze for an additional 20-30 mins and serve when ready!